Pages

Saturday, July 24, 2010

If I follow you, will you "REALLY" follow me?

I want to clarify that I'm not referring to Twitter as it's pretty much a given that they'll follow you back, unless they're celebs and don't want your information but just want to give you theirs. I also agree that you get a lot of spammers.

But I'm talking about my fellow bloggers on blog forums. How many of you actually follow this rule? I mean I'm not complaining if it's something you don't do. But what about the ones that post their blogs to boards, forums, discussion?

All I'm saying is don't follow the train if you don't want to play the game.

Now here's a little etiquette 101:

1. If you really don't want to do something don't ask others to do it for you.

2. If you've gotten enough followers, let it be known that you will not be participating any further.

3. Don't complain that you need more followers and then upon checking we find that some have followed you and you haven't followed back.

Now for me I'd like some constructive criticism. If I've followed you from one of these events and you've chosen not to follow back. Let me know what you saw in my blog that turned you away. We're all adults, I won't cry.

Notice I've only said from these events. But if someone's chosen to follow you of their own free will then it's your choice to return the favor.

This is Mica, giving you the truth as I see it!