Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

MY OPINION - FRIENDS


How much should you count on your friends? I have a gripe and since it's opinion post day I'm letting it out.

Definition of friend: One of affection and trust...

How is it that I can have all these friends and none, I mean "NONE" have supported either my blogs or contributed to my book.  I don't get it, I have been there every time I've gotten a phone call or request and I don't ask for much. But how hard is it to click join and see what it's all about or to answer a few questions for my book. 

I may have many flaws but not being there for them isn't one. I'm there and they know this but is it so hard to return the favor this once. They tell me they will get to it, or I can count on them. 

  • I'm still counting...............
If they ask me for something, they can count on me but it's not reciprocated and I'm a little offended. I try to act like it's not bothering me but you know what it is and I'm not happy. I've gotten over 50 strangers or people I've just met to contribute and share their information for my book. But I can't get the five closest people to me besides my immediate family to share. It's not right. 

What I've learned though is that when you work from home people don't take you seriously. 

NOW THAT SUCKS...I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY....

BY THE WAY I HOPE YOU'RE READING THIS AS YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE AND IT MEANS YOU'VE TAKEN THE FIRST STEP. YOU'VE SIGNED ON TO MY BLOG AND NOW YOU CAN CALL ME!!

7 comments:

  1. The people closest to you may not realize how important this is to you. It's not part of their world so they don't get it. As far as answering questions for a book, they may feel exposed or self conscious about it. I know I would. It's going to be hard to get loved ones to open up. They have too much to lose. Perfect strangers, on the other hand, are not that invested it may be easier for them to open up.

    Any way you slice it, I would be mad at my friends and family, too. I only have a couple of close family and friends who regularly comment on my blog (does my mom count?) but I know they read it at least.

    I hope you can find a way to make them understand how this affects you. Good luck and great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I can understand them not wanting to contribute. Be honest and upfront that's what we supposed to do as friends and I won't be mad. I just don't want you to say you'll do something and don't. But shy, I can give that to one of them. But these are people I've been around for 20 years.

    I'll get them they know I don't hold my feelings in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mica - the site looks so great! I am so impressed. I appreciate how you speak your truth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice site.
    I'm following you now from The Nestwork.
    Andria
    www.andrialake.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I encounter this a lot and here's what I think it is. As bloggers, it's like we're part of this really cool club and most people don't know anything about it or understand it. They're too involved with their corporate jobs or their own lives. They can't understand why we'd want to share our lives in this way or why we'd want to make connections with people online. They have no understanding of the power of what we do, both to make money for ourselves and to design our lives the way we want them. If they were to acknowledge the coolness of this way of life, they'd have to reexamine their own choices and most people just don't want to do that.

    My humble advice is to seek out people who do get it as often as you can. You don't have to break ties with your old friends, just make sure you get some love and support from some people who understand what you're doing. As soon as you no longer need to badger your non bloggy friends for support, you may find some of them are genuinely fascinated by what you do but be patient with them. Their lives move much slower than ours because they impose so many limitations on themselves.

    Good luck with the book. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. i totally understand! my best friend is not even a friend on my blog. sucks, i know.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for "Truthfully Speaking"