Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Best Buy to Sell Kindle In Stores, Enhance E-Reader Displays

I remember when the Kindle first came out. There was no way I was going to spend over $400 dollars on a book reader. I've always thought the prices were kind of high for them. This includes the one by Sony and others too. I actually used an old cell phone to read my books. You could get two uses out of them for the price of one. They get you by saying things like you can store over 5000 books on them. But, who does that anyway?

I'll admit that I've had over 300 on mine at one time. However, if at anytime its at capacity you could just download them to a computer. I don't need to walk around with a whole bookshelf in my pocket. Nevertheless, I do have needs to keep several books at a time. As a writer I like to keep my research materials with me at all times, and I have both hard copies and e-books. I also like to be able to refer to new stories.

However, now that there are so many platforms to read books on, I guess it was inevitable that the prices would drop on the Kindle, and they would also allow you to have th software on your computer and apps for the cell phones. For the price, I paid for my cell phone I'd expect nothing less. I love my Android and I love even more than it has the Kindle app., but I've got to be honest now that the prices have lowered to about $139 and they're available in stores I'm definitely going to have to get one. I love the highlight option and the ability to take notes. Because if ever I'm without pen and paper, I can store the information and write it later.

I use my e-books at places like the Dr for the kids or when my husband's driving. I still lug my laptop along everywhere I just don't have to pull it out as frequently. I can't wait to go to Best Buy and play around with the Kindle to see if it's worth the buy.

Best Buy to Sell Kindle In Stores, Enhance E-Reader Displays

Kindle: Amazon's Original Wireless Reading Device (1st generation)

2 comments:

  1. I bought myself a Nook for Mother's day this year. I've been so against the whole e-reader thing, but to be honest....two kids, one dog, and a bunch of books in a small house doesn't quite add up. Since I bought my Nook, I've gotten back into reading more fiction and I forgot how much I loved it. A friend of mine had the Sony, but when she saw my Nook she sold her Sony and got herself the Nook. Let us know how you like it once you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying to get the Kindle. I told my husband that I want one for Christmas. My Mother has the Nook and she loves it but I hear you can only buys books that are available at Barnes and Noble for the Nook. Let me know how you like it if you get it first.

    I'm passing by from Mom Loop

    www.toughcookiemommy.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for "Truthfully Speaking"