Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

International Freelancers Day Online Conference

I saw a tweet come across my screen about this online conference and thought I'd look over the website. There are so many seminars, telephone conferences and emails claiming to all help out writers. Being my skeptical self, I wanted to see if this was something worth the time.

I'm interested in what I've learned on their website. This conference which is scheduled for September 24-25, 2010. They will have over 24 online speakers with live presentations. Though it's free you have to register to attend. During the event, there will be 10 to 15 presentations each day, all conducted by online video. Each is focused on a specific topic that will help build your freelance or solo business. The video for each presentation will begin exactly at the scheduled time. They will offer the videos online for free to view if you missed a presenter.


Some topics covered:

So You Want to Write a Book - An Introduction to Writing, Publishing and PromotingHow to Attract  - By Dan Poynter
Freelance CLIENTS with Your Blog (Not Other Freelancers)
How Facebook Can Supercharge Your Freelance Business
Create a killer network to build and boost your business
SEO Copywriting Made Simple for Freelance Writers
How to Determine if There's a Viable Market for Your Freelance Services
Facebook Marketing Success Secrets for Solo Professionals
Workday Nirvana: How to remain inspired and productive when you work alone
How to Build Your Brand As a Freelancer

The first one listed I highly recommend. It's being presented from Dan Poynter author of Writing Nonfiction, 5th Edition: Turning Thoughts into Books. I have several of his books, and I'm interested in what else he has to offer. 

If you haven't yet, please take the time to register for the conference. They have limited space available.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment for "Truthfully Speaking"