Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Facebook and Bing Introduce Social Search


Facebook has found another use for the use of "like." Bing will integrate "like" data into their search engine database. When you use the search on Bing your results will show the best recommendations along with likes suggested by your Facebook's friends. The search tool will launch on Wednesday.
Now you can use Bing's profile search feature to find old friends or movies and other items liked on Facebook. As with most Facebook's applications you'll have to allow Bing to access your information. This will give them access to your information, so they can incorporate it into Bing's search feature. Facebook's found Mark Zimmerman stated, “This is just the beginning; there is going to be a whole lot more to come over time." 
Instead of asking a friend what they thought of a movie or restaurant you'll be able to find the answer on Bing. The results will range from the most popular choices to the least. This is only for Facebook users, those that aren't members on here or friends haven't opted in will see regular search results. 
One wonders how Google will respond if this catches on and more people start using Bing as a result. Social media have changed the way we make friends, conduct business and now use search engines. With the combination of search engine and social network marketing target markets will be even easier to reach.
Article first published as Facebook and Bing Introduce Social Search on Technorati.




Add to Technorati Favorites




4 comments:

  1. I am now following you thanks to Friendly Friday Follow, and it would be nice if you could share the love back on my blog;)
    Also today we have the coolest blog hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in with us at Boost My Blog Friday :) Plus, don't forget, if you need any help increasing your blog's traffic or easy blog design tutorials, you know where to come! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tomica, I love your name. Great blog post too! I didn't know that about the Bing and Facebook social network - but there's so much I still don't about that's happening in Blogsville. Thanks for the heads up! I'm your newest follower from the Friday blog hop and I'm so glad I found your blog. I hope you'll get a chance to come visit and follow my blog too. I'd like it if we were blogging buddies. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a little bit too much for me. Too much info! Makes me want to use Facebook less and less. Following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am stopping by via the Hop. I'm a new follower! Hope you will stop by, too.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment for "Truthfully Speaking"